Monday, November 28, 2022

Only to be read when boredom threatens

I thought I was done with this post, but the table of contents shows "0" pages and "Draft" in the place that (name of the post) should go.  

this is one of those days, I guess.

Have you ever ordered something online only to find, afterwords, that you made a big goof?  This is my speciality, and my latest error yesterday.  I wanted to order a CA king mattress, and the discounts right now made it doubly attractive.  So last night I ordered a mattress from Allswell that is a hybrid one, and 25% off the usual price.  So I picked out what I wanted (King size CA beds being hard to find), closed the browser, and sat back and checked out delivery time.  But then my eye caught something on the order.  In all my goofs, this one is the most egregious error.  I ordered TWO mattresses, and had already gotten an email confirming the order.  And it was Sunday, so no one in the office until Monday.  I couldn't cancel through PayPal, they only want to do a cancelation after the seller has confirmed a cancelation.

Sigh.  So I called first thing this morning and they couldn't change the order, only cancel it.  So they canceled and I will re order tomorrow.  It's a really nice mattress, and I have had very little success going to a furniture store, only to find it is too -- hard, soft, squeaky, and so on.  I only hope they don't send two.  Cost $2986 for both.  My tum is in revolt just thinking about it.

I got my Christmas cards out and paired the cards with their decorated envelopes.  It took forever, but better now than when I am trying to send them.  Job all done, put the cards in a big envelope, put that envelope on the cart beside me, and then --- are you ready?  knocked the entire pile of cards + envelopes onto the floor in a big mixed up heap.  I am really on a roll.

Usually I give up and go shopping, but that is not an option when I need   to be driven, and then pushed around the store (s) in my wheelchair.  So I ordered stuff on the web.  Delayed gratification.  I ordered 2 pant sets, green + dark red, and a light blue of pants (but no matching shirt.)  I'm not done yet...

So far I have 3 small gifts for R, a battery organizer and 70 batteries, two couch pillows, and something else that I can't think of right now.  For C I have almost nothing yet.  He is so hard to buy for, anything he wants he buys himself.  So does R, but I can think of things that she would probably like, and I always keep the receipts.  I bought C another clock for his room that can be seen at night, but not so bright at night.  But it couldn't wait another 5 weeks.  Coincidently my clock broke too, and so I bought (Amazon) another clock for me.  My new clock has green numbers and I quite like it.  Not too bright either.  Money?  Not very thoughtful, really.  He uses my debit card, which is the same as cash, for groceries, gas money  and so on.  So I can't think of something C would lack, that I could buy.  I can't get even a flashlight, he uses his cell phone light.  He already has a wallet; so that's out.  His bathrobe needs to be replaced, but he says he likes the fuzzy one he has (from Christmas of 7 or 8 years ago).  He does all the cooking, but I know he wouldn't appreciate a kitchen appliance.  I did get him a Columbia jacket and a hat, but he already has those, so this is a duplicate from two years ago.  I'm stuck.

I am even stuck on my last post that would finish it off for me.  

Worse yet, C asks me what he can get for R for Christmas!  Money, I tell him.  With it stuck in the pocket of a sweatshirt.  

Maybe I will have an epiphany later today.

Meanwhile, have a good time off for the holiday, I am off from work permanently but I would go back in a heartbeat if it meant I could walk again.  Meanwhile, onward... Bye!


No comments :