Friday, November 18, 2022

Cross stitch

 I have had an error in my cross stitch projects.  As I related a few posts ago, one of the critical parts of stitching is the floss, and my blasé take on floss is that it can easily be duplicated if lost.  But that is only partially true.  I have several (4) projects in the process of being stitched and I have gotten their floss mixed up.  The directions for two of them don't list the DMC number/color name and so I am left trying to match possible colors (example: dark green, out of 7 different greens)  to the color which is already stitched.  I use a color card that shows all 250+ colors with DMC colors labeled.  I have found that green is a color that I am lacking a  discerning eye for; but several other colors are difficult too.  If the already stitched floss is adjacent to a blank area, the slight difference between old vs new colors can be glaringly obvious.  If only my floss for a given color included DMC number, it would be a snap to move on.  But all I can do now is approximate the color to use.  If only I had stashed the flosses in a labeled envelope when I am finished for the day, I'd be good to go...

Enough of this, boring for someone who doesn't share with this hobby.

I want to go to a local furniture/mattress store tomorrow that is having a big sale to see what $$ will be involved.  I want not only a mattress but a chest of drawers (5 drawers), all solid wood and no MDF or plywood.  I have looked at Wayfair, but they come disassembled and cost more if a person comes with it to assemble at my home.  C would be good at doing this but it takes two people and I am not able to help.  I have been sorting my drawers out in my current chest, but there is a limit to what they can hold.  The chest was Mom's, so it is 70 years old, more or less.  And I could fill the chest with just socks...

I have ordered, from Amazon, small organza bags to help organize makeup.  I only need a half dozen or so, but had to buy 50, although the 50 only cost $7.  Once in the bags, though, I have to find a place put them.  Sigh.  I have too much stuff.  Lipstick alone is around 75 tubes.  Most of them were free-with-purchase, and only 6 or 7 did I buy, based on the free ones that I like.  My new purse (did I mention I bought a new handbag?) has a very nice lining and I will have to be careful about a lipstick top coming off.

I ordered hairball remedy for the cat, who is barfing way too often lately.  That is the benefit of Amazon.  If one can wait a day or two, it can save oodles of effort shopping.  I just wish that both on-line and in a store could survive, each one holding a segment of sales.  I'm going to order a new kitty litter stock, and because I have prime Amazon I won't have to pay shipping for such a heavy purchase.  It is just out of stock right now.

Snow.  A four letter word.  It was only a skiff on the ground when I got up, but now all is white outside the window.  

Six years ago our neighbor and his son were shoveling their driveway (which is Very long) while N used the snow blower to clear ours, and when he finished he took the blower across to the neighbor, whose son made a record run back to their house.  Another neighbor saw this and after our neighbor finished (no more than 40 minutes) the other neighbor borrowed the blower to do his driveway.  All in all a feel-good feeling for N.  N is gone now, and C doesn't know how to get the height right so it isn't scraping the asphalt that is our driveway now (the neighbor moved away too.)  Now it is shovel time.  Another thing N expected to be around.

This isn't a very amusing post, but I will try again soon.  Bye for now!



No comments :