Sunday, April 10, 2022

Covid invader

 Here about 5 or so weeks ago I came down with a cold that wouldn't quit.  Today I had my  first Covid test and it was positive. This explanation makes sense to me looking back now.  I have gotten rid of the usual side effects and now have a new set of illness to tolerate.   My lingering side effect isn't cough or fatigue.  It is weakness when walking, to the extent that I need help with a wheelchair  going to shower or getting dressed, and anything where I must lean over and then stand quickly. It is not as obvious as the other ones, but there isn't a clinic, or study group to teach coping skills.  There are plenty of bystanders who loudly proclaim "doesn't look handicapped to me."  A little compassion would help a lot.  My husband died in our driveway on the way to a chemo session, and he never looked ill to me, but I was willing to take the opinion of his doctors.  I will never get past having him dying in my arms.  45 years together.

Enough.  


No comments :