Sunday, August 01, 2021

Blog Post Number two (again) only saved this time

 I am bummed out with reading a blog I have read for years.  I check it sporadically and saw where the last entry was 2 or 3 years ago.  When I checked it today it has been changed to "private".  All I want to do is send the author (Magazine Man) an email so I can join again.  How can I do this?  

I will have to re-write the majority of this post, as I have once again left this post unsaved when I left this page.  I am so damned dumb.

The thunder storms every night have the cats in a tizzy, they hide when the first rumble is heard.  I can't figure how the fat cat gets under the laundry cart much less gets out.  I always have to check that she isn't stuck. The other cat hides too, but she saunters out and does a wash up like she never had to vanish.  I don't actually know where she hides.

I had to cancel today's therapy visit, I hate to do that yet again.  They book visits up every day, and canceling leaves a hole in their schedule.  But I was sick all night up until 5 a.m. and doing exercises was not on my schedule either.  C has been headachey and dizzy for weeks, and I finally harassed him to go to one of the freestanding clinics.  They said he had fluid behind his eardrum, and gave him medicine to alleviate that, and the headaches too.  It took him hours to get seen. But I worried a lot about him driving while he is dizzy.  And the homeopathic remedies did nothing.  Not that that is a big surprise.

I hate to look for anything, it drives me crazy, but I spent hours looking for a box of straight pins that I got last week.  Last week!!  in the end I decided to order another box.  It came Monday, and I stopped looking.  So how did that come out?  I looked in a box in the kneehole of the desk for some makeup, and laying there in plain sight were the missing pins.  And I got the second box of pins 15 minutes later.  So I now have 250 pins.  So do I feel dumb?  Yes in deed.  But I am set to hem the three pairs of silk/tensil pants; assuming I can find thread.  And needles.  Ever the optimist.

I think I may try hemming on the sewing machine,  I used to do that with the old machine.  Three pairs is a lot of stitching by hand on slippery fabric.  Given that this new machine has a speed control on the front of the machine, good news that the usual pedal is not possible when I can't lift my foot.

When I was in high school I took "home ec" as an elective.  By then I had been sewing (but not cooking)for years, so I did a velvet skirt and a lace shirt.  Somewhere I have a photo of me wearing them, looks ok.  And I am sure that they don't do Home economics  any more, think of all those sewing machines and sinks to tear out...I hope they sold them  and didn't send them to a land fill, no, they don't teach any practical stuff it's all math quadratic  equations , or calculus, China poetry and so on, never how to Balance a check book (does anyone have a check book?) or fill out a job application (lots of those ahead) and so on...

Well I guess that's it for Tuesday, hope everyone is safe and sound, and I will save this before I leave!

  




No comments :