Thursday, August 12, 2021

Early bird this morning

 Hello everyone, this is my idea of an early beginning for the day, it is 7 am.  C will need to get up soon to ride to the dealership to get the truck.  It was recalled due to an exploding air bag on the passenger side.  I am betting that it won't be ready today but I am only the mom, my opinion doesn't count.  

Tomorrow is the 13th, if you are superstitious then best to stay in bed, for Friday the 13. When I was in school at BJU I $$ worked in the snack bar, dishing up ice cream cones and making sundaes; once there was a meeting (among adults in the back,) and when the meeting was over, the concierge told the girls they could get a cone as a reward. How generous.  I took one too, I had worked through dinner and was starving.  Maybe they thought I should put the ice cream back in the tub? One of the waitresses said I don't think she meant you, but I ignored her, what is one cone more or less?  They probably prayed for me that night.

I also worked in the faculty nursery with 2 and 3 year olds, cute kids, even Bob Jones III, I felt sorry for him, having to carry on the dynasty.  And the third job was cleaning bathrooms in the dorms.  So I barely had time to go to class.  Of course students were obliged to make it to every class, the only excuse was being in the infirmary.

Pause here for now...  

I meant that on Friday 13th all of the non-essential jobs in BJU were quietly postponed. 

The truck was ready except for the window sticker, when the registration was checked it was for last year.  The way I work it, is when the registration and insurance and so forth come, they are put in a red envelope in the glove box, because there is usually a bunch of white paper in the box; the red stands out.  The weak point being putting the paperwork in the red envelope in the first place.  So...

Damn.  The mail today included a letter from the tax people that I am being audited.  What a special surprise.  I think I need a wee dram to get to sleep tonight.  What do the audit personnel tell people when asked where they work?  I know it is a valid job, probably pays pretty well, but I would guess it would be a conversation stopper.    I had a friend in CA whose husband was a state trooper.  It irked him when the next question was, "Do you carry a gun?"  The answer was, yes, it was a requirement even when off duty.  So he made up crazy jobs, a different one each time, just for his own amusement.  I didn't think it was very polite to make fun of someone asking a simple question.  I didn't like him much anyway.  

That is the end of this tonight, I can't think of anything to add here.  I only think of bits to write about when I am unable to jot them down.  Still, I try. 

Bye!




 

No comments :