Monday, June 21, 2021

Westward Wind

 We have had some torrential rain this last week, streets flooded and gravel washed out of the medians.  I can only remember one comparable storm in the 40+ years we have lived here.  This time we stayed inside and rescheduled doctor and therapy visits; the photos in the paper show a car trying to get through a river of muddy water on one of the main roads, while water still shoots out of the drains.  Surely everyone has seen cars and drivers unable to proceed when their cars are making like a boat.  How do you dry the inside of the car before irreversible mold takes hold? Don't know...

I was going to make a joke about Moses and flooding, but people are so quick to criticize anything about religion, I think I will pass on that.  One of the popular posters I follow gets the nastiest comments, mainly about profanity, she just blocks anyone who does the holier-than-thou; back in the day she would point out if they are offended to just stop reading, blocking is so much faster.  I was chided on CVS and I need to keep that number useable, but the next time I will bring it to the head pharmacist and let him sort it out.

It is dark outside and thundering and a big storm is due to hit.  I think I will wrap this up for now, I am nearly done. 




 

No comments :