Saturday, January 11, 2020

All gone (snow)

I am starting this with a merry Christmas, although Christmas (or your favorite holiday) is over for the most part.  When I was in high school back in the dark ages, the Jewish students (a high percentage of students) got the Christmas holiday in the scheduled calendar, as well as the Jewish holidays.  There were Jewish teachers too, so we secular students attended our classes with 50% missing students AND substitute teachers as well.  I never questioned the number of religious days off, but looking back, I realize why there were so many students attending holidays.  The conclusion (for me now) was that the missing students were largely living with Jewish parents located in Miami Beach, where I was in North Miami, a cultural wasteland,  with parents that never claimed a religion affiliation.  At that time, the striving in academic venues reflected parents who wanted doctors or lawyers for their male children, and female offspring were encouraged to marry one of the high achieving  male students.  They tore down that school a couple of years ago and built a new one.  In the original school,  there was a large mosaic of the mascot and school just inside the doors to the school, and someone who stepped on the mosaic amid the hordes of incoming students were (verbally) chastised by the other students.  I wonder if they saved the design for the new school.

I finally realized that my chair here at the keyboard had to be replaced, as it listed to one side and made horrible shrieks when you wiggled a little bit.  I ordered one from Paticos, but I fear they may not be an actual source of furniture.  Should have ordered from Wayfair.  But come on, a desk chair isn't actually a high price item.  I have sent them an email and a voice message but no return call to me.  Meanwhile I am using a dining room chair so my body isn't dumped to the floor with chair wheels in my face.  Update:  I got an email from Paticos that said Sorry! We are out of stock for this item, refund soon.  So I quickly went to Wayfair and ordered the same chair, only twice the price of the other one.  At least Wayfair is reliable.

Finally got my hair cut, it is really short, but better than wispy bits poking out everywhere. Tomorrow I  hope to get my hair colored.  And no, I am not an original redhead, but when I turned gray, red looked much better than blonde with my coloring, to cover the gray.  When I had chemo for a year, not only did my hair fall out, but it stayed out for months.  I got two wigs, one blonde and one red, so I could try out both looks.  Red won.








No comments :