Monday, September 03, 2018

photo film

I've been sorting through the little point and shoot digital cameras that we have.  The original one was a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W5, it has a 3X optical Zoom, 5.1 Mega Pixels, and it does take nice photos if you are close enough to the subject.  Nikon Coolpix, there are 2,  S3300 and L32.  They are 6X and 5X zooms,  no pixel stated on the outside, but a maximum of 16 M and 20M once turned on.  I like the L32 the best because it runs on AA batteries, and doesn't need recharging all the time.  My daughter loaned me her Nikon L320 which has 26X optical zoom, and 16.1 MPixels and is a very nice camera.  The lens is not changeable, the main drawback.  It runs on batteries too.  I have been enjoying all of them, as a break from stitching.

Additionally, as I was rooting through my dresser drawers for the mini tripod, I found two film cameras, a Canon Elph that is waterproof and uses APS 35 mm film, and a Minolta Talker, also 35 mm but not the fancy APS stuff.   What is even better, I found in the door of the refrigerator a whole lot of 35 mm color print film, and APS film.  The Minolta still had life in the batteries, but the Elph is dead.  I ordered the battery that the ELPH uses, it would be neat to play around in the water with it, if I eventually get mended enough to make that feasible.   The kicker is getting the film processed and printed.  I always took film to Walmart, but now they send it out, takes about a week.  I paid to get the first roll done by the Darkroom, just to have something to compare the other, cheaper, results.    I did eventually did find the tripod, too.

I have been working on the cross-stitched bookmark that I plan to give at Christmas.  I got quite a lot done yesterday, but when I switched to the next color, it was the "snow white" shade that drives me crazy when stitching on white fabric.  Also, the bookmark that I am using, I got it from Hobby Lobby, is not quite the right dimensions that the pattern calls for, so I have had to modify the motifs as I go along to make them fit the canvas.  I sure hope to get it done soon, it won't fit on the hoop so I have to use my left hand to keep the fabric taut.  Tiring.

We were visited last night by a big 'ole possum in the garage.  C doesn't want to set the have-a-heart trap tonight, but it will have to be done tomorrow night.  Possums carry all sorts of diseases, and both of our outdoor cats are ancient, and it won't take much to finish them off.  The neighbor two houses down from us never use trash cans, just bags, and when the truck comes along in the wee hours of the morning, the bags are ripped up and the owners take days to pick the trash out, which will be ripped up again the next week.  Why don't they get visiting possums?  They come into our garage to eat the cat food we leave down at night, so now we have to pick it up at bedtime.  I smelled a skunk last night too, I hope to hell that it was just passing through.  No more outdoor cats after these have gone, their food is like a smorgasbord for wild critters.  And the coon N killed three years ago was rabid.

Our liquid propane tank has been topped off and should be sufficient for the winter.  It cost around $350.00 instead of the $2000 it took when we discovered in the spring that it was completely empty.  Home maintenance is so much fun.  We will have to turn the barn hot water heater back on once we get a hard frost, so there is warm water for the mare to drink.  Which will raise our electric bill, of course.




3 comments :

brittanymlemay said...

You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! buy dvd legion season 2

Redhead said...

Thank you for the kind remark!

Anna Schafer said...

thank you for your interesting infomation. buy dvd westworld season 1