Tuesday, May 22, 2018

So much for resolutions

 Well, I sold the saddle to the farrier after all.  He gave me $150, plus free shoeing ($50) today, and didn't want the girth, so I sent it back for $75 credit (he likes the old style mohair type, and not the neoprene and webbing type).  He also didn't want the saddle blanket, so good on me, it is worth another $65. He wants the silver saddle, but I am not ready to let it go.  I ordered the recommended silver polish and the treatment you brush on to preserve the shine, and I am going to take some photos of it.  If I could figure out how to remove the name plate,   I would keep that piece. I am determined to send it to the consignment place, once it is clean.  I want $500 for it, minimum.  We will see.

I am very sore  today, all the walking I did on Monday, I guess.   And as usual, I can't take pain med or I will use it up before I see the orthopedic surgeon, who won't give me enough to make it worthwhile asking.  Damn these pill poppers who get huge amounts of meds and use it all up in a few days and come back for more, all weepy and pitiful.  Cut them off and help people like me who have a post-op bona fide need that we will take care not to take too many.

Anyway.

I have decided to start over with my cross stitch on a piece of pre-gridded Aida.  I gridded the current one in pencil and then discovered it would not erase.  Better to start over with pre-gridded and treat it to a warm water hand wash when I am done to remove the pink lines.  I'm not that far along yet, better to do it now.  See?  It will be "45 years" etc.



And you can see the grid lines too.  I am not smiling because I am not a happy camper right now.

It is late or I am early, anyway back to bed.  Take care.


No comments :