Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Dec. 10

I can't believe Christmas is  just two (+1 day) weeks away.  Everything I ordered has arrived, and the things that were wrong have been returned.  The tree is up and (rather half-heartedly) decorated.  Just the wrapping and the food needs to be done.  The food is no problem, after the big production of Thanksgiving, the meal for Christmas is steak and baked potato. No leftovers, no hours spent in the kitchen trying to get everything ready at the same time.  This gives us time to play with our gifts, too.  In my case, it will be (hopefully) yarn.  The crib blanket will be done (I hope, it nearly is now) and ready to send once the baby is born (so I can be certain of the name).  I do wish I would get an email or two from friends, but they will eventually send one.  Meanwhile, I will keep busy with these cards :

Inside it says:  "Happy Holidays!"

This is what I call an inoffensive card, because the tree and the gifts are the only Christmas signs, and happy holiday could mean Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc., or nothing at all religious.  And the cute dog, who can resist?

Bumper sticker for the day:  "The older I get the better I was."

No comments :