Friday, October 24, 2014

Moving right along

Gosh that last post is grim.  I apologize, this blog is for small thoughts and not the weighty issues of the world.

I had the vet out to see Maybe, my "young" horse, who turned 21 this summer.  He doped her up somewhat and then removed a sarcoma from her ear.  Ewww!  Good thing DH was there, as her head sank lower and lower, and the vet was disinclined to kneel to reach the tumor.  So far the ear appears to be fine, she is not rubbing at it, and there is no bleeding.  We will need to use neosporin on it for a few days to control any infection, a job I am not looking forward to.  Isn't it amazing what pet ownership (and I count these horses as pets) entails?  And the cost!  Yesterday it came to $300; the cat to the small animal vet the day before came to $286.  My own doctor visits don't amount to that much!

I haven't been knitting as much these last couple of weeks. just in a slump for a while.  My problem is that each day I face the same question - knit or nap?  Ever since i retired I have enjoyed the freedom of taking a nap in the afternoon if I want to, and that seriously cuts into my time to knit.  Decisions decisions.  Maybe tomorrow.

I have been entertaining myself looking at the website "Awkward family photos"  It is a hoot.  Here is the link:
http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/category/awkward-hall-of-fame/  You can waste an amazing amount of time looking at these.

 Bumper sticker for the day:  "You haven't had enough coffee until you can thread a sewing machine while it's running."

No comments :