Sunday, August 17, 2014

"This message...

is  a natural product made from recycled electrons.  The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects."


The knitting machine arrived and is up and at least for a simple stockinette stitch, is knitting (once I lubricated it with a little gun oil).  It is bigger than I thought it would be, I really need a bigger room.

The Apple 5c phone arrived and is very entertaining.  But I will never do some things with it - like write emails.  I am usually within a ten yard radius at any time that includes at least one computer, that's out of a total of  five, not counting tablets.   The manual book has arrived and I am slowly going through it, with my phone in hand, and have learned quite a bit.

With the advent of the phones, we discovered an interesting factoid we didn't know:  Our LAN in the house will let us have only 5 hook-ups at a time, max.  After that, it says "no connection" which means something different, at least, I think it means that linksys was down.  Two of the 5 computers are hard-wired in, and are on if the PC is on.  Maybe there is a way to disable the link temporarily but I don't know how.  If I am browsing the net on the phone, and the kids are on their PCs, that's five.  No bandwidth for a second phone, a tablet, etc.  So I do my browsing while the kids are at work.

My, that took way longer to explain than it should have...

I had an appointment with a podiatrist on last Friday, but  ... I got cold feet and cancelled.  Too many doctors already.

 Bumper sticker for the day :  "I didn't trip, I was just conducting a random test of gravity."


No comments :