Friday, August 08, 2014

A new knitting machine!

I have purchased a KH-260 knitting machine and it is on its way.  I have been looking for one for several months, and this one on ebay has all the add-on bits and pieces.  Can't wait, I'll post photos.  It is in two boxes, and the main one weighs 63 pounds...

My husband bought two apple 5C phones for us, we am waiting for them to come, too.  He originally went to Sears (they have a representative for Consumer Cellular there) but the guy there was majorly clueless and it was easier to do it all online although that means waiting.  I also ordered a book from Amazon called "the Missing Manual"  to use to figure out all the things it can do.  The book is nearly 600 pages long, it is good the cost isn't per page...

About toothbrushes:  When the internet was reached via MS-DOS and a .edu address, there was a site that featured a photo of a toothbrush, no text or anything but the photo.  In spite of this, there were thousands of hits.  Now, if you google images for a toothbrush, it gives you all the sites for Colgate, etc.  More useful but less amusing.  The reason all this came up for me is that my (Panasonic) toothbrush died the death a couple of days ago, and I had to get another, sticker shock.  Hope this one lasts as long as the other...

Bumper sticker for the day :  "Knitting keeps me from unraveling."


No comments :