Thursday, October 04, 2012

Where has the Time Gone?

I have just been merrily poking my way through the weeks, never thinking of the poor neglected blog.  Still, if you have been following this for any time, you know that I sometimes post three times a week, and other times 3 times a month.  Or less...

In my defense I must remind  you that my computer died the death about 3 weeks ago, and I now have son's cast off computer (too slow for gaming).  It suits me fine, and he helped a ton with setting it up for me, but it runs Win 7 and not XP, so that has been taking me a while to master.  And then there were the files backed up, luckily, on a flash drive, that were really precious (photos mainly) that had to be exported once the program itself was installed.  Busy times.  I think I am good to go now.

So over the next few days I will catch up with all the blogs I love to read, and hopefully resume regular Programming.  As I mentioned before, I have been knitting, hand and machine style, but most of what I did I unraveled again as I was not pleased with the way it looked/fit.  Like a winter cap that two people could wear at the same time, if they are friends, I guess-- anyway, off it goes, and the yarn rewound for future use.  I only have over a hundred skeins of yarn on hand, and boy do I need a bigger closet.  But pretty yarn is so hard to resist.

The long anticipated remodeling of the upstairs bath is set to begin in two weeks or so.  We have bought a tub, cabinets-- sink, over the tank, medicine/mirror-- and the sink, counter top, toilet, towel bars, paper holder, shower rod, the list goes on and on.  All we need at this point is for the contractor to get going.   Both son and daughter, who use this bath, are dismayed that the bath will be unusable for two or three weeks once demolition of the old bath is under way.  They have been spoiled I think, by having three full baths in the house, and now they will have to come downstairs and use the master bath.  Horrors!

My thumb has healed, I am glad to say, just the odd twinge if I turn it just so.  If I can only stop tripping, I wouldn't have these problems.  Two left feet, like I said (below).  Now I have this nifty wrist brace just waiting for the next episode, which with my luck could be any day now.

Bumper sticker for the day:  "If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong."


1 comment :

Dina Roberts said...

I REALLY love that bumper sticker.

Glad to hear your thumb is feeling better.

And glad to know you're back with the internet action.

I hope the remodeling goes smoothly. Sometimes that can be stressful.