Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We've got to stop meeting like this

It's 1 AM again; still tired; drugs soon. I spent most of yesterday painting N's bedroom, now that the stinking carpet is gone. Since all the furniture is gone, we might as well paint the ceiling, too, right? Only I ran short of ceiling white and had to get more. N was out of town (DC! As if they DO anything there that couldn't be done in a conference call, saving 7 hours on the road.) but before he left, he selected and bought the paint. No ceiling paint, didn't bring in the ladders, didn't hunt up the paint roller handle, OR even more critically, the extension pole for the roller handle. No little hand held bucket for using with paint when cutting in around windows, ceiling, etc. No brushes hunted up by me that didn't look like green enamel, including the one I bought just for this job. He bought wall paint (and left it in the car!) and 4 roller covers, bringing the household total to around ten. So needless to say, I was off to a slow start. I got the ceiling painted, one wall including trim, and one wall almost finished (slowed down by window trim). I'm feeling pretty puffed up, 'til N call to see how it's going. I honestly think he expected it to be all done; but the way I see it, I painted 3 sides of a six sided box (we will paint the floor too, to seal out kitty effluvia). So I've done my part, assembling all the tools = taking the place of the little bit of the second wall not finished. With extra credit for reaching over my head for hours to do the ceiling, once I bought a new pole extension for the roller.

So my plan today is to stay clean until after my therapy session at 11:30, and then "help" afterwards, while N does the heavy lifting.

oh yeah, and he picked the paint. It had been a blue-gray color, but he bought a teal bedspread etc., so he wanted a more aqua shade. I suggested the first one he picked was a little dark? don't you think? The color he chose is bright robin's egg blue. I think it sucks, but I won't have to look at it much either. The many benefits of separate bedrooms. At least it is covering the cat piss sprays and coffee slop. When all the old rug came out, it apparently was a record-breaker for the crew, smell-wise. What a claim to fame. N, natch, has almost zero sense of smell, and couldn't see what all the fuss was about.

Meanwhile he is sleeping in the LR, and none too pleasant in the morning.

Bumper sticker for the day: "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

Wish us luck...

No comments :