Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Some lead, some follow, I laugh

Well! Nothing like a short stay in the local looney bin to give you a radical change in perspective. And here's to the modern pharmaceutical approach to depression! There's some mighty effective drugs out there. Hopefully, I can count on at least a few months of relative sanity now.

Not that the rest of the world sounds so sane anymore. While I was "in" we heard the news about the London bombings. And the spin since then on those terrible deeds is worrisome too. If we believe what we're told, these are the deeds of a fanatical terrorist group who hate "us" for "our freedoms". But suppose that your intention was to engender hate against certain political or social groups? Suppose this were an effort to start another holy war against innocent Muslims, by making them into inhuman evil terrorists? Or even the efforts of powerful people to justify erosion of our civil liberties under the guise of "making us safer"? Me, I'm an idiot when it comes to global issues, I have enough trouble getting myself up and dressed and into work every day, never mind tracking world news. But I'm a sceptic. I don't actually trust politicians who will do anything to gain and hold absolute power over the rest of us. And I don't like that sneaking feeling I'm being manipulated into a predetermined mindset by forces that have an agenda all their own.

Anyway, that's my two cents on the vital issues of the day. I promise I won't go there again.

2 comments :

Milt Bogs said...

I have a sneaking feeling that you are right. Glad to see that you are back.

Carolyn said...

Like you, I'm a sceptic. It gets way over my head sometimes why these political happenings go on, and just who to blame. Often, the one who points the finger does so to divert attention away from his own doings. I'm also sceptical about our President (but won't go there on your blog, lol)

I'd like a bed in the bin soon, please :) Thanks for coming by and commenting on loss of my friend. It means a lot :)