Monday, December 29, 2014

Nearly the end of the year

I have been resting up these last couple of days, the knitted crib blanket is almost done (crochet edges).  I will take photo to post here when it is done.  There is an area to duplicate stitch a name/ date, etc. which will have to wait until I know who will receive it.  Meanwhile I am contemplating what project to do next that will use the yarn I got for Christmas.  It is cream colored and extra bulky, but there isn't enough to make a sweater.  Maybe a vest.  I'll think it over.

The weather here has been really strange, warm and rainy.  It feels like fall and not winter.  Not that I am complaining, I hasten to add.  We just feel like we are waiting for the other shoe to drop.  The forecasts have been all over the board so far, and none of them remotely accurate.  Clearly we didn't get a predicted white Christmas, which would have been nice.  Today and yesterday it was rainy, with a blue sky, so weird.

I still haven't made up my mind about what to get with my Amazon gift card.  I have a wish list, but I am changing my mind repeatably about what to get.  I don't think I have ever had a gift card before; so this is a novel thing to do.  I feel like I am going through a Sears Roebuck catalog - remember those? - where everything in the shining sun is offered.  I miss those catalogs, the ones I get in the mail are pale by comparison.  If they were honest they would state "made in China" on the front cover. And several  catalogs duplicate merchandise offered elsewhere using the same photos and price, making me think they are actually the same company under different names.

We still have candy, cookies and dried fruit left over from Christmas, I weighed myself this morning and it is exactly the same as before the holidays, which is good.  The weight loss will continue after New Years, sigh.

That's it for today, hope all of you had a great holiday and saw lots of friends and family.  It is a little melancholy for us, so many of the family, and friends too, have passed, taking a little bit of us with each one.  Now we are the 'older' generation, who used to be the one with babies.  My 'babies' are in their 30s now.  I am still waiting for grandkids.

Bumper sticker for the day:  "Cover me:  I'm changing lanes."




No comments :