Thursday, December 11, 2014

Dec. 11th

Here is the card for today.  Today's big excitement was going to the grocery store, where among other things I bought fruit cake.  I don't know why it has such a bad reputation, it tastes fine to me, and every year I have to search to find some (other than Claxton).  My dad was the one who hated Claxton fruitcake.  Many many years ago we were on our way to WV when Dad got caught in a speed trap (For those who don't know, a speed trap is when the local police get set to catch anyone going 1 mph or more over the limit in some little road that locals didn't use.)  They charged him an inordinate amount of "bail" so we could continue our trip.  We barely had enough cash for gas to make it to WV (no credit cards in those days) and then Mom had to borrow $ from Grandad to get home.  All of this occurred in Claxton Georgia and Dad never forgot.  Thus, no Claxton fruit cake!

Inside it says "Thinking of you at Christmas and always."

Bumper sticker for the day:  "Stop kicking yourself.  Let me do that."

No comments :