Tuesday, August 26, 2014

August is winding down

I have messed up my organizer; I finally figured out that August has 31 days---what a shock!!-- and thus appointments for this week are different from the ones next week.  I postponed my psych dr. appt to October, thinking it was a conflict, but really it wasn't (oh darn).  I left it in October; for some reason I have been getting one hour appointments with her.  I swear it is because she can't find anyone to talk to that isn't in worse shape than I am.  Which is hardly at all, now.  Still, husband is waiting outside for me, I feel like the meter is running.  If only I could get past my driving phobia.

We are facing the humongous task, painting the deck in back and the porch in front.  We will be using the Restore paint that is 10X thicker than regular paint, and is said to cover splinters, cracks, etc. in the wood.  I bet it is a bear to use, not to mention very pricey.  But still cheaper than replacing entire structures.  I will post before and after photos, I think.

The knitting carriage is off to be deep cleaned and adjusted, so the new (to me) knitting machine is at a standstill for now.  I did get some minor parts and have them to change up also, the machine should be in top condition once it is fixed up. Now I just need to decide what to knit first.  Probably something easy, like a hat or scarf.  I will wait to do a punch-card pattern, I think.  Meanwhile I am waiting for an email that the carriage arrived safe and sound in Georgia. Starting to get nervous.  It was insured, at least.

In October it will be 10 years since I started this blog.  My post counter says I have written 525+ posts so far.  I started it on a whim back in 2004 when there were oodles of posts to read.  Now there are far fewer out there, and I follow just a few.  Quality over quantity, I think.  It is hard to find topics to write, there are very personal ones that I don't want to share with the internet, and trivial ones that nobody wants to read, least of all me.  I should get back to posting photos with a post like this one, short on content.
  I resolve to do better in the second ten years ~)

Bumper sticker for the day:  "On a scale of 1 to 10, what is your favorite color of the alphabet?"


No comments :