Wednesday, November 09, 2011

November 9th




These are my hawaiian shirts. Aren't they colorful? There are (blush) 12 of them, and I wear every single one of them. Not at the same time. You know. But I wear them. Mostly I got them on ebay, my favorite website. I've been buying on ebay since 1997, back when I had to explain what it was. I love it.

The upcoming cruise in March is very much on my mind, we're still working out the details of hotel, and transfers from and to the ship. I'm sure the travel agent will be heartily sick of us by March, but she is very nice about all my questions. I have mentally begun packing, making lists and so forth. Probably all of you will be sick of this by then too.

But better the cruise than obsessing over the mammogram and surgeon visit in Feb. It is hard not to be pessimistic about this, but I have no reason to believe there is any problem lurking around the corner. I suspect I will always fret about every symptom (this headache! do I have a brain tumor? and so forth) and I would bet this is a common problem among cancer patients. It's a hell of a way to live life, though. Sufficient unto the day...

Thought for the day: "Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation."

1 comment :

Dina Roberts said...

Yeah. I think it's normal to worry. And you're probably right. Most people with cancer probably become paranoid about every symptom. It would be hard to be otherwise.

SO...

That's why you have things like Hawaii cruises and closets full of Hawaiian shirts. It gives you and alternate thing to focus on!