Monday, November 07, 2011

November 7th

Got my nails done this morning, looking good. Not only do I get my nails done, I get all the latest going on in town. N calls the manicurist my "other therapist" which I guess she is. Anyway, lots of talking. That is one thing I really miss about not working. There is, however, lots more that I don't miss at all. Deadlines, reports, audits, and on and on. My replacement started about 4 weeks before I left, and as I showed her the ropes, she couldn't get over how much there was to do. I guess I never noticed because it all got added on a little at a time, but looking at it as a whole it was a lot to learn. I got several calls after I left, but nothing too complicated, so I guess she is doing great by now. It is hard to believe I retired nearly 5 years ago. After working for 34 years I might add.

One of the blog prompts for the month is, if your next meal was going to be your last, what would you have? And all I can up with is, Very Large. It would be stuff I love, and stuff I have never tried. It would include several types of wine, and several kinds of dessert (chocolate turtle cheesecake would figure in there somewhere). It would be served on linen with sterling flatware and crystal. There would be some of Mom's cooking, nothing fancy but really good, like pot roast and veggies, hers never tasted like it had been boiled for hours. There would be baked apples, and sweet potato casserole, and ...
Well, you get the drift... Yum. And no worry about gaining weight, or cholesterol, bring on the alfredo sauce.

Bumper sticker of the day: "You know you're getting older when Happy Hour is a nap."

1 comment :

SkippyMom said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing afternoon. I do my own nails because I just can't sit still long enough to have them done. heehee I have never had a pedicure, but I hear they are relaxing.

And my last meal would be Thanksgiving Dinner and Corned Beef and Cabbage. My two favorites. Oh, and a root beer - a REAL root beer.