Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 29th


Insomnia again for me; never a problem for Cookie.

I got an eye exam today, and I'll need a stronger bifocal prescription. As it is, I remove my glasses to read small print, or put on reading glasses. I am breaking down, one system at a time!

I brought Willie in from the field yesterday, as it was beginning to storm. He was in a great hurry to get in (where the grain is). For a geriatric horse he has a lot of spunk in him sometimes. I will go out tomorrow to clean him up and put on his winter blanket, as the forecast is for snow and freezing temp. (as if I can rely on a forecast here!)I'll try to remember to take a photo or two to show him in a clean blanket. It won't be clean for long, on the outside at least.

I'm still going through the old photos and trying to make some sort of order out of them. But I keep getting distracted by the photos themselves. Even mundane photos of the yard are remarkable because I can see how much everything has changed or grown. The pictures of my bedroom are a reminder of what it looked like before I started stuffing everything in there. Including all the tubs of photos. I just wish it felt like I was making progress, but I am afraid I am only "churning", moving stuff from A to B, B to C, and C to A, for example. I need to harden my resolve and throw away all the old old stuff, that seems to matter : old report cards, drawings, "awards" and on and on. The question I ask myself is, will the kids want this? Will I care? If the answer is no, pitch it. I'll never miss it.

I have almost finished the blogging for November, which is a good thing because I have run out of things to write. Even the bumper stickers...

T shirt for the day: "I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up."

1 comment :

SkippyMom said...

Can't wait to see a pic' of Willie. And that T shirt is too funny.

Try & stay warm. Brrr.