Sunday, November 13, 2011

November 13th




This is my sister-in-law and her son. As of last Sunday, he is a grandfather. As you might guess, the mother (his daughter) is very young, and the father? no one in the family has met him. Different worlds, different times.

I'd like to go see the baby, but it is a 7 hour drive to get to her place in KY, and we would need to stay in town, about 15 miles away, and the trip itself, I don't think N could drive it and I don't think I could ride that far unless I was heavily sedated. But darn, this might be my last chance to cuddle a newborn legitimately, unless my kids get cracking. Which isn't too likely. I've been told that grandkids are the reward for having children; you get to indulge them as you never did your child, and when they get fussy you hand them back to the parents. Sounds good to me!

Onward...

Thought for the day: "Warning: dates in calendar are closer than they appear."

1 comment :

SkippyMom said...

I love how much you have been posting lately - to me it means you are really feeling good. Thank you! :D

I can't believe he is a grandfather. He looks like he is 20, maybe 23. So young. And your SIL hardly looks old enough to be a great grandmother.

I am glad the baby is healthy - but that is a long trip. I am sure you will get to see the baby soon, perhaps over the holidays.

Take care and have a great week.