Tuesday, June 06, 2023

Happy Anniversary to me

 If N had still been alive this would have been our 53rd wedding anniversary; we were married in 1970 in Miami FL.   (Is my math right?)  It hardly seems possible now, with my contemporaneous classmates embarking on wedding number 3, if not more.  Suzanne H. was one of the latter, but it seems she did finally find her match.  They died (cancer) within a week of each other, so neither had to manage things alone.  It makes me sad to think of them as gone.

I still cannot figure out the $11,400 bill for ambulance trips, and judging by the lack of return phone calls neither of them can either.  If they send me a new invoice I will tackle the problem anew.  But meanwhile I won't fret this.

And as for the taxes, there doesn't seem to be enough documentation compared to the previous year.  I've sent letters explaining how my illness has impacted my bookkeeping, but there is no reply there either.  I think there is a gaping hole where Covid sent everyone home and then the 'all clear' did not bring them back.  With my luck the ones that work from home will never have to return $, while my situation grows  and grows in penalties.

Whine whine whine.  Enough.




No comments :