Thursday, February 23, 2017

Management

Well, not really.  I am sorting through all the jewelry I have accumulated over the years, set aside those that need repair (does any store still do this for chains?) and adding chains to all the worthwhile pendants, polishing the silver things (and what a difference it makes) and figuring out what gold is real and what is gold filled.  I'm still not done, I have run out of 30 inch chains, and I am never going to wear necklaces any shorter because I want all my necklaces to fit over my head without having to open/close the chain when I wear them.  My hands shake too much to fasten things around my neck.  And I swear the manufacturers are making the clasps tinier and tinier; probably the same designers that invented transparent steel to enclose all sorts of things.  I notice there are some items where the ads say "frustration-free packaging" and here is a cheer for them.  We all need a little less frustration in our lives...

I have damaged my "good" knee and can scarcely climb the stairs; once I am upstairs (kitchen, living room, etc.) there I stay until I go back downstairs (bedroom) for the night.  My knee feels like there has been a blowtorch on it, yet I have no idea what I did to damage it.  I have to use my cane just to go to the bathroom, and I haven't mastered taking a shower with it.  I just go very slowly when I wash my feet, standing on one leg at a time, and I would greatly appreciate grab bars in the shower, but we tried to install one and couldn't find the studs behind the shower to fasten one to.  Not for the lack of trying.

We have a couple of beautiful mountain ash trees that I don't think will make it until the spring.  The local woodpeckers are chopping huge chunks of bark off the trees in pursuit of a borer insect that has arrived in WV from the north.  All due to global warming that extends the moderate zone southward, bringing the pests along with it.  Did I say, global warming?  I mean temporary weather fluctuations.  Riiight...


No comments :