Saturday, May 07, 2016

Keeping the boat afloat

I feel overwhelmed now that N is home.  He gets out of bed, sits in his recliner in the LR, and except for potty breaks, there he stays.  Asking for water, snacks, pills, his Kindle (charge it first), and so on.  Would you believe, the very first thing he did when he got home is turn his PC on and go to the bill pay for our bank and start firing money to the outstanding bills.  I had already paid electricity bills, credit cards, water bill, all the critical ones, so there wasn't much remaining to do, no rush.  Made me feel like a 10 year old with daddy checking my homework.

 I wonder how this is all going to shake out.  I'm not in great shape myself, and C is the one who bears the brunt of the tasks that are needed.  It isn't fair to him, and I know he is approaching a melt down himself.  I will need to intervene.  N has a new gesture; if you tell him something he doesn't want to hear (like that the kitchen counter has split in a new place) he turns his attention to the TV and goes all blank in the face.  I get up and leave the LR when he watches baseball(!!) or endless repeats of NCIS episodes.  Neither which he did before the hospital stay.  Brainwashing!!

Ah well, this too will pass, and it will most probably be far too soon.  Then I will feel bad for being cranky.  N is getting daily radiation therapy (not, thank gods, on weekends) imagine how ill he will feel when the chemo starts in another week.  And it takes hours, and leaves you feeling like some squishy thing on the waterline.  As my t-shirt says, cancer sucks.

Back to bed.  Send positive energy to us, or pray for us if that is your custom.  Peace.

Quote for the day:  "Even a small star shines in the darkness."

No comments :