Saturday, March 28, 2015

Four letter swear word

SNOW.  It snowed last night.  It is only about an inch, but I was so over the winter, so encouraged by the daffodils and crocuses peaking out of the ground.  It should be gone by tomorrow, but today it is just a bitter reminder of this past winter.  I want spring, dammit!

We drove to visit my uncle and aunt on Wednesday.  My aunt is slipping away, physically and mentally, and it is heartbreaking to watch it happen.  Soon my uncle will be unable to cope, and it will mean moving her out of their house.  They have already shut off the upstairs, and live exclusively in the LR, DR, and kitchen.  My aunt was an English teacher at the local high school, and for all of those years she had students and former students dropping by to shoot the breeze with them.  They don't come anymore; just visitors from their church, and a couple of neighbors.  A sad situation all around.  She is in pretty good spirits, although her train of thought is a little unreliable.  I will miss her so.

I got an email from a good friend in Virginia today.  She moved away two years ago, and I miss her still also.  She is very busy with her family and her career, so she doesn't have much time to answer emails these days.  I try not to answer too quickly, putting pressure on her to respond.  I don't think she reads my blog any more, so I can grumble away here without hurting her feelings.  I keep hoping she will move back, but it doesn't sound like a possibility for now.  

I bought a box of disposable gloves to use in here when I fiddle with my fountain pens, one of my better ideas.  Bad enough that the ink stains my fingers, but it gets under my nails where it is nearly impossible to remove.  I read in a fashion magazine (don't as me why I am subscribed to In Style) that the trendy look for nails is dark colors that then are wiped back with remover, to give the appearance of worn off polish.  Heck, I have worn this for years; that is why I sport a french manicure all the time now, so it doesn't look chipped or worn off.  Trend setter, that's me.  I wonder when the fashionistas will follow me in the makeup free face?  No time soon, I'd guess.

Bumper sticker for the day:  "The last time I reached for the stars I pulled a muscle."


1 comment :

Lucky Lady said...

that bird/insect was so neat, we watched him out the window for a long time sure hope he comes back stop by again I need to get to blogging again have been so lazy