Sunday, January 20, 2013

Is it January already?

December is over and I, for one, will not miss it.  It wasn't the holidays, but I just didn't feel well for most of the time.  So far this month I am doing better.  Fingers crossed.

I haven't posted here in quite a while.  Events have come and gone, and I have been dealing.  But I wanted to post here the photo of my birthday present, an electric fireplace.  We have an actual fireplace, wood burning, but it needs some vital repairs on it, so it doesn't kill us some dark night.  So, this sits right in front of the wood burner, and I will not miss the ashes/smoke/wood carrying that it entails.

Here is the photo:



I am 62.

I don't think of myself as being in my 60s.  I feel the same as I did when I was, say, 30, just a little creakier, a little more unsteady on my pins.  Mentally I am seeing a few little slips, names I can't remember (I've never been good with names), a few gaps in my memory, feeling a little confused about simple things like needing directions to familiar places when I have been there dozens of times.  I blame the chemotherapy, partly, for blasting my brain as well as any tumor, but it is a small price to pay for a renewed lease on life.  If I lived alone it would be different, but I have 3 adults in the house, and they are pretty patient with me, and help me too.




Bumper sticker for the day:  "Drink coffee - Do stupid things faster with more energy."

No comments :