Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Depression

I didn't mean to let this space go blank for so long. My mammogram turned out fine, recheck in one year. I got our and the kids' taxes done, so that isn't hanging over my head. I have been sleeping a lot, probably due to the change in meds from the psych doctor. All the pets are currently OK (touch wood), the barn is clean, the laundry is done (for now) and the vacuum has been run (not terrific, but done). So why do I feel so down? Dunno.

The trip to Hawaii commences on March 16th, with the mammoth airplane ride to San Diego from Washington DC, non stop, about 6 hours real time. Overnight at the airport Radisson and then on to the ship on Saturday for the 14 day cruise. All the news about the cruise ship sinking, and now one having a fire in the engine room and having to be towed home, is not doing anything for my peace of mind. At least none of them are Holland America ships, which has an excellent record. So far.

We went to visit my uncle and put spring flowers on the family graves last weekend, always a melancholy task. My aunt and uncle are having health problems these days, and I flinch whenever the phone rings late at night, expecting bad news. Instead we get wrong numbers, and who calls after 11 pm, anyway? Not the phone etiquette I was taught.

Thank you, Dina, for reminding me to post. The days seem to just slip by, and weeks have passed before I know it. Hopefully I will have lots of photos to share when we get back from our trip. I am taking my macBook with us, but I think there is a pretty steep charge for internet access, so mainly it will be for camera-to-computer downloads. I have a minicam for video, never done that before, we will see if I too can come up with grainy out of focus shots that can't be deciphered, like I see on YouTube and so on. It will take still shots too.

Lunch time already and I am beastly thirsty, so bye for now.

Bumper sticker for the day: "If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic."

1 comment :

Dina Roberts said...

Hi!

Thanks for posting. It's nice to hear from you.

I'm sorry you're feeling depressed/sad.

Hopefully the cruise won't have any disasters; and it will bring some happiness into your life.