Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chicken


Here it is 4:30 am, wide awake and stiff as a board. Thursday Willie, my big bay gelding, was lame -three legged lame- in his pasture. So, figuring a stone in his foot N and I went to him with halter and hoof pick. He didn't mind having that leg picked up, but when I commenced picking at it, he yanked it back. So I tried again, and he yanked it out of my hands, reared and tried to strike (and his foot bled a bit from the frog). Time to call the vet. He came that afternoon, and tranquilized him so he didn't care what went on down there on his legs, and picked out the stone and checked for any abscess. That little stone cost $200. Now I'm doing the twice a day soak in warm epsom salts, for 10 minutes or until he kicks over the bucket, which ever comes first. And vile tasting meds in his grain for the pain. Anyway, all this to explain how I came to be so stiff it hurts. I'm OK on the bendy-over, but not so good on the straighteny-uppy. Never a dull moment.

Here is Willie:



And as an aside, I am SOOO glad the barn has hot water in the tack room, I don't know how I got along without it. Well, really I do know - I hauled buckets from the house, boo hiss.

I go on the 23rd for another PET/CT scan, see if all is OK from the chemo. Waiting is the hardest part of all this. Maybe that's why they call us patients; I don't want to think about why it is called a medical practice.

And this is what I call a perfect day.




Bumper sticker for the day: "How do I set the laser printer to stun?"





3 comments :

SkippyMom said...

I am glad he is going to be okay, but ouch for him and ouch for you [the bill and the achy joints!]

Sending you good thoughts that the scan comes out gorgeous and you get good news. :)

Dina Roberts said...

I will second what Skippy has said! It's exactly what I wanted to say.

IWASNTBLOGGEDYESTERDAY said...

its all been said,nut ha! that never stops me lol

I am so glad you have the running hot water.

It's great that you are feeling well enough to get out with the animals although it's leaving yous tiff and sore.

Fingers crossed, blessings asked for to various and all dieties...