Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Waiting

I think one third of my life has been spent on waiting. I'm still not good at it! You know what I mean; it's not like a kid waiting for Christmas, it's more like waiting at the dentist. We wait in line at the store and at the bank, we wait for phone calls and for busy lines to be free. We wait for the report from our doctors, and we wait at the hospital when they want more tests. We wait without water for the plumber to come, and without electricity until the check clears. Wait, wait, wait.

When I worked, I also waited for projects to get done, and people to cool down. I waited to pull into the parking space, and at the red lights to go home. I waited to be picked up from work, and I waited for the kids to get in the car so we could leave the daycare.

I could go on and on, but you're waiting for the 30 seconds to count down, aren't you?

John Milton: "They also serve, who only stand and wait."

Bumper sticker for today : "I brake suddenly for tailgaters."

No comments :