Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Guilty!

I don't know why I feel guilty when I don't post for a while, I think I must have a guilt-gene defect that causes me to go to "TSK, TSK land" over faults that only I perceive. If I ever become a total hermit, it will be because I short-circuited trying to meet unreasonable expectations, even if they only existed in my own mind.

This last week has been a housekeeping nightmare. Maybe it's a spring cleaning thing. Maybe I'm on a straight shot to a fussy old age, going around picture straightening, wiping dry the kitchen sink, and washing the tires of my car every time I drive it. But lately it seem as if everywhere I look, I see some chore that has been let go too long already. And let's face it, I don't have the stamina to go on and on, vacuuming, scrubbing, tidying, and more. I get so tired so fast, I hate to even start a job knowing how beat I will be afterwards. I guess, at 57, I can't tell myself I'm "middle-aged" unless I plan to last until I'm 114.

And if I DO last until I'm 114, I am 100% certain I still won't have all the laundry done.

No comments :