Monday, April 30, 2007

Has it been that long?

While I was still working I thought that once I was retired I'd have time to post all sorts of things. But in reality I am posting less often. I have been told that it takes a full year to get used to retirement, that in the first few months you feel like you are on an extended vacation, and then you get caught up in all the things to do in/on the house now that you are there to see what needs to be done all day every day. And all that is true, I think. But I found that a broken ankle that keeps you from doing anything in the house, or going out, or doing much if you ARE out, mainly leaves me feeling so depressed I could barely get out of bed. Many days I never got dressed, brushed my teeth, or combed my hair. All I could tell myself was "this won't last" like a mantra.

And it didn't. Today the doctor told me I could forego the walking boot and launch out in actual shoes. This means I can DRIVE! I haven't been so excited about getting behind the wheel since I got my license at 16. Freedom! So the depression may get bad again, but I will tell myself "this won't last" once again.

And I'll try to post more often, if only to have a place to air my thoughts, such as they are. And if people read it and think "boring" It doesn't matter; it's not like I'm delivering a paid product, after all.

No comments :