Sunday, February 17, 2019

Tea total

I found a type of bottled tea and have been guzzling it since it arrived.  I got it on   *Amazon*, it was free, with the points I have accrued and as a prime member no shipping charge.    And get this, it was delivered on Sunday by the USPS, good thing I saw the delivery truck and we got it before the bottles froze. in the mailbox.  It was very heavy, and I did not ask for Sunday delivery.

Beans, the oldest of the 4 indoor cats, has lost a lot of her weight, and has been throwing up what she did eat.  We took her to the vet who did blood work, and the results were normal.  C brought her home, and the vet called to say the BUN and creatinine on their machine was off by a ton, and so C got to make a second trip to the vet to get the meds for her.  Her hyperthyroid is very bad and so she needs to be dosed twice every day.  She has gotten better at not fighting every time, she will have to be on this for the rest of her life, and if we had to fight to get it done, it would be hard to stick to the regimen.  In addition, I got a supplement that you sprinkle on the cat's food, supposed to add a calming effect and smooth digestion; I hope it does, it cost the earth.

My brace is ready, we just need to go and get it to check the fit, etc.  If this doesn't work I am resigned to be careful and walk slooowly.  It is hard to get anywhere under my own power, and having my knee collapse when I am in a hurry drastically reduces places I can safely go.  As of Tuesday, the 19th, it will have been one year since this implant was put in.  I am still getting therapy twice a week, and it is hard to see any results, as they take place in such small increments.  Maybe I will be able to use the cane exclusively and retire the walker.  It is hard to practice on this extra soft carpet.  The swelling in my feet still limits what shoes I can wear (none), only slippers with velcro closure.

All of the above is a pain to read, and to write, so I will stop.  Here is a little humor:







No comments :