Thursday, October 04, 2018

Bummer

Well, sometimes my mind wanders and forgets to come back.  These last few days have not been fun; I fell in my bedroom and although I was OK it set me back a bit.  I almost fell at the therapy gym, dizzy for just a few seconds, and the therapist caught me, I think that was due to low blood sugar.  So now I make it a point to eat before we leave home.  I bravely went to the dentist on Tuesday and got my teeth cleaned.  The brave part is when I managed to get up her two steps, the first one is 8 or 9 inches high, but the one into the waiting area is only 2 or 3 inches.  I had three people to help me up that big first step.  On the way out they put down the ramp which was pretty easy to negotiate.  Chris and I will work here at home on the carpeted stairs, since the therapy gym only has two step ups to practice on.  This is so unfair.

The wreath on the front door looks great, here is a photo:
I don't think I have posted this photo before today, but if I have, pass on by.  This decoration fits between the front door and the storm door, so it is protected from the weather.  The bow is the wire-stiffened type, so I can keep it boofy, or at least I could, except that I can't actually reach the landing where the front door is. Sigh.

I have been working on my chickadee project that I plan to send to S,  hopefully for Christmas.  If I don't get it done, it will be ready for her bday in July.  I have to allow time for the framing too.  I will have it covered in Plexiglass rather than glass, so it should arrive unbroken once it is in the hands of the UPS.  I think it is looking pretty good so far.  I plan to have the UPS store pack it too.

The bookmark for H, also for Christmas is about half done, who would have thought something so small would take so long to complete.  It has around 20 different colors, really slows me down to thread my needle so many times, sometimes for only a dozen stitches.  I am really tired of it.

The black/brown outside cat has a respiratory infection, but we can't take him to a vet, we would never catch him, much less administer daily or twice daily meds.  It may well be a virus, in which case antibiotics would do no good anyway.  He is feral, after all; I have never touched him, and he tolerates C only because he is the source of the kitty chow.  I hope he recovers, C would be sad if he died, or worse yet, disappeared under the porch where we would have to pry up some of the deck to get to him.  We've had to do that before.

I got all but one of my Christmas gifts for the kids, yeah me.  I ordered them online of course, but they look fine, not like that crappy "sweatshirt" that I bought and returned.  I have yet to see a refund from them, or the one from LTD for a sweater I returned, from a defect.  No more cheap clothes online for me.  I will escalate my claim with PayPal soon if I don't hear anything in the meantime.


I am sleepy and will head back to bed.  Here is small comic:



Goodnight!

No comments :