Friday, July 03, 2015

the 4th of July!





Here's my class image from several years ago ( may have already used it) wishing you a safe and fun-filled cookout day.  Unfortunately the forecast here calls for rain all day, so we will have to improvise.  Tonight we had roast beef, mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, biscuits, gravy, and we all did the menu proud.  Nothing processed, preserved, or artificially seasoned. It was yummy.

I had my second cataract surgery on Wednesday.  I remembered more of the process than before, but I had no anxiety.  The result wasn't as immediate as the first time, I have a fair amount of swelling and it will have to settle down before I can focus well.  Right now I sit here with an eye shield taped over my eye and a pair of "cheater" magnifier glasses perched on my nose, so I can read. Sort of.

Too tired to ramble on here, so here is the bumper sticker for the day:  "After 60, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you're probably dead."


No comments :