Friday, August 02, 2013

Lazy Summer Days

After some really hot weather, we have a lovely day here today, 66 degrees and fluffy white clouds in a pure blue sky.  A little chilly for swimming, but probably OK this weekend.

Above is a photo I took a few days ago.  The hummers were not the least bothered by me and my camera, there was a steady stream of birds at the feeder.  I took dozens of shots, never sure if the bird was visible or not, they move so fast!  I mostly  just listened for them and got the feeder in focus, ready for a bird.  Perversely they often fed from the openings in the back of the feeder.

Do you know the old saw about shooting photos?  If you can, shoot it good.  If you can't shoot it good, shoot it big.  If you can't shoot it big, shoot it red.  I have at least two of these covered.

See my view counter over on the right side?  Today I hit 21,000 views since 2007.  I know that is not a lot, compared to many blogs, but I am happy with it.

Bumper sticker for the day:  "Cover me:  I'm changing lanes."


1 comment :

SkippyMom said...

I don't know where you get these bumper stickers from but the latest just cracks me up. I have to find it for Pooldad. TOO funny.

And congrats on the stats. Nicely done. I was so happy to see you around today and come over and see your beautiful pic'.

Amazing you can get such a gorgeous pic' of the hummingbirds as they fly so fast. Nice.

Hope you have a great weekend. Always nice to see you. Hugs!