Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Sleepy time

My daughter is going to Virginia beach for her vacation next week, and I don't want her to go. Yes, I know she's 29; that she is going with 3 other girlfriends; that she drove all the way to Rehoboth Beach with me a couple of years ago and did fine; that she is a careful driver. But still, drivers are such maniacs on the road anymore, you need eyes in the back of your head to watch out for them. And like all moms, I worry about strangers at the hotel, etc. etc. I mainly worry late at night in a pattern that all mothers are familiar with, where I am very sleepy but my brain won't SHUT UP. I woke up at 5:30 this morning, which is a great improvement over the usual 4 am awakening. I have been sleeping pill free for several weeks, hurrah for me. But this trip next week will probably shoot all of that down, and it will be Ambien until she gets home.

I got three new art prints yesterday from All Posters, to replace four nice prints of the 4 seasons (not the singers; spring summer, etc.) which have been hanging for 35 years, here and in CA. It is hard to remember a time when they were not up, but I am tired of them and the new ones look great. See photos below from the All Posters web site.





Bumper sticker for today: Untie Dyslexic Church of Dog (with a picture of a running dog trailing a leash).

No comments :