Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!  We are not going out or doing anything special except staying home and keeping warm.  N did bring me a huge bunch of cut flowers which I love.  Too bad I don't know how to arrange them, other than cutting off the bottom and plunking them in water with the packet of "flower food" that comes with them.  Still they are very pretty.  And the cats are (so far) leaving them alone.  I still have a few left from my birthday, in a cute little vase.  I should check if the VoTech classes include flower arranging.  Along with auto mechanics and pre-pre-nursing students.

The new washing machine is sloshing away, but I turned off the annoying chimes/tune that signaled when the load was done.  I still don't trust it, after the old machine bombed out, so I sit here at the keyboard just across the hall from it, and keep an ear on what is happening with each load.  Eventually I will get more confident of it.  The water was shut down for a while yesterday, and there is still air in the lines which go "pfft pftt" at each faucet, it sounds like a watery explosion, until the air is finally purged.  I'm just glad that I wasn't mid-shower when it went down. 

The knitting has slowed down this week, in deference to nap times.  Even when I try to stay awake all day, it doesn't help me sleep any better that night, and I am even more sleepy the next day.  Once I get started on a piece, I usually get involved enough to finish or nearly so, but right now I have frogged the one mitten I finished, it was too weird to fit an actual human hand.  (frogged = ripped out (rip it rip it rip it))  I did another swatch to check my gauge, and I don't know what I did the first time, because this one measures completely different.  Ah well, guess it is just as well that I don't have to earn a living doing this.

Thought for the day:  "Just because I'm awake doesn't mean I'm ready to do things."




No comments :