Here is the photo from Google of the house from last year . Now the driveway is paved, the railing painted to match the lower half of the house, then repainted to the original color. I can't figure how to download the image, so I took a photo of the screen. Clever, aren't I? Don't know what the blurry part is. Rain? Thumb print? (Ghost??) whatever.
We made the big mistake of painting the porch the same color as the wall behind it. Now it is half and half until the rain stops and the porch dries.
I was thinking of the mistakes we have made over the years, some big and some not too big (like painting the wrong color). Here is the list so far:
1. We didn't buy the empty lot next door when we had the chance. Now owned by the Paul Bunyan type (see a post a few days back) next door.
2, Buying a dud pickup truck (why hasn't it been recalled for crappy brakes)? 8800 miles and three brake replacements!
3. Getting the black kitten at the pound. She spends her time beating up on the other cats and barfing.
4. Choosing the wrong major in college, one which would have given me upward mobility and not one which needed a PhD. to move upward.
5. Not taking my photography or my computer programming seriously.
6. A regret about the kids.
7. Not writing my grandmother when I was in college; she died suddenly while I was taking final exams my freshman year.
8. Going to Bob Jones University, no place for a skeptic there. They taught me how to lie.
9. Buying a boat! The two happiest moments, when you buy the boat, and when you sell it.
10. Buying a small house (no room for a craft room) !
I think ten are enough, don't you? 'I'll do "ten things I did right" another day..
Bumper sticker for the day: "No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery. "