Wednesday, June 25, 2014

This is where a post title would go if I could think of one.

I've been letting the old blog posting go by the wayside for a couple of weeks, which is because I can't think of anything to write.  So be forewarned, this post will be a little of this and a little of that.

We drove to the little town in Braxton county WV to see my aunt and uncle.  My aunt was feeling too bad to get out of bed, or even to talk to us; my uncle had a hard time tracking our conversation, probably due to fatigue.  We didn't stay long; DD got car sick on the way down, and so I rode in the back seat of the Toyota Highlander part of the drive down and then on the way home too.  It was my first time in the back, and there is a noticeable sway at highway speeds back there, although it didn't bother me.



This is the view of my back deck, you can see the pool (still closed) in the bottom left corner, and waaayy in the background on the right bottom corner you can see the white bathtub/horse waterer inside the fence.  It was a lovely day today, not too warm and a nice breeze.  We saw lots of squirrels, but no hummingbirds.  Yesterday the front lawn was the site of two Canadian geese with three goslings, on their way to the neighboring pond no doubt.  I scurried outside with the camera all poised, but they were gone by then.  I know lots of people regard them as a nuisance now, leaving huge amounts of droppings everywhere, like in parks and playgrounds, but they are still neat to see.

Bumper sticker for the day:  "Back off !!  I have cats and I know how to use them."

1 comment :

SkippyMom said...

HEY! It was nice to come over and visit. I'm not around often, but I miss me some redhead. You're a good Mom and a good daughter. Bless you.

And you KNOW I have missed your bumper stickers. heehee BTW - we actually added a kittehs to the menagere' - and I do know how to use her too - she's a hoot, and owns us all. :)

Hugs and love. Skip