Thursday, January 02, 2014

Acupuncture


 This is what it feels like when one of the cats peel off my lap at the speed of light.

I had acupuncture years ago when I slipped at work and fell on my butt, which wasn't as cushion-y as it is now. I injured my back, beginning a long period of pain and treatment.  I tried physical therapy, bed rest, and pain meds.  My physician finally recommended I try acupuncture.  I probably would have skipped the whole thing (I'm not into woo-woo stuff), but she called right then and made me an appointment for that afternoon. I went, all hunched over to ease the pain.  He did a treatment and as I got off the table, I thought, damn, it feels better. ( But physical therapy felt good too, until I reached the car, when I'd be popping pain pills before I started the engine.)   I walked out of the office, upright, and out to the car, still feeling fine.  No grogginess like the meds would do.  To make a long story short, after treatments daily for a week, and then once a week for a "tune up" I was cured.  Isn't that funny?  Tiny tiny needles,about the size of a human hair, placed just so, and each time more of the pain went away until there was no more pain.  Maybe this is one Chinese import that is better than home-made...

Hope all of you have a very happy new year, and if you traveled, I hope you drive home safely from all the hung-over drivers.  Even a fender-bender can ruin your day.

Bumper sticker for the day:  "Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off."

1 comment :

Lucky Lady said...

thanks for stopping by and caring, I will miss that lil guy so much