Saturday, November 17, 2012

Grocery Shopping

We just finished our Thanksgiving dinner grocery shopping, what a chore!  We filled two carts; but I know there are many who can't afford extra groceries, or that have no place to cook them.  I think of them at this time of year, especially after all the loss of homes and lives during Hurricane Sandy.  And I donate regularly to the local food pantry, although it feels like it is a very small help.  This Christmas we will shop for a family, which we have done in the past but let it slide the last few years.  It is fun to pick out stuff you know will be appreciated, and not just put aside.



While we were at the grocery store we saw a lot of WVU Mountaineers regalia, and also some Oklahoma fans.  Big game today in Morgantown, which I didn't remember until I saw our fans everywhere.  Also at the store we noticed the shelves for Hostess snacks was stripped, no more Twinkies!  What will we do?  Get Little Debbie snacks, I guess.

Bumper sticker for the day:  "When we say "Women and children first," we're not talking about budget cuts."

(And one big cheer for President Obama).

No comments :