Tuesday, April 10, 2012

That tipsy bit? It's because of the waves...honest



This is me with our "complementary" bottle of (bad) champagne in our stateroom. The poor cabin steward had to fill and refill the ice bucket in which the champagne rested twice a day for the entire 2 weeks. And then we left it in the room (how do you pack champagne?)(And why would I want to?)

As you can see I am still fighting the battle of getting my haircolor back to the original shade of red. I have colored it 4 times with 4 different products and this orange is the closest so far. I'll take one more go and then it is the hairdresser. It must be some effect of the chemo, like the 'chemo curls' that I got in the lovely grey regrowth.

On a pleasanter note, I had my last chemo treatment last Wednesday. Now I have a scan scheduled for the 25th and a follow-up visit to the onco. and I will be good to go for 6 months. It has been a dark cloud on my horizon for over a year, but maybe this time all will be well. Fingers crossed.

Bumper sticker for the day: "Join the IRS (be audit you can be)"

1 comment :

SkippyMom said...

You look like a million bucks! Honestly. I am so happy to see you looking so healthy and smiling!

I like the color of your hair, but understand wanting it to be your color, not some boxed product of what a manufacturer thinks red should be. I am sure you will find it soon. In the meantime try to enjoy it - it looks so kicky and smart. I really like it.

Congratulations on your last treatment. I will have you in my prayers that you you receive a good bill of health at your next appointment and can rest easy for the near future. You sure are a trouper and I think your spirit and strength have a lot to do with you beating it again. Yippee!

Good luck and have a great week!