Saturday, November 24, 2018

WHOO HOOO

I just hit 40,000 pageviews!  Exactly on this counter, but I point out I have had at least 4 other counters over the years that just unexpectedly stopped, and I had to begin again with a new one.  This one belongs to Blogspot, so hopefully, it will continue to work for as long as I continue to have viewers. So if you are one of my followers, thank you!

I am feeling much better than I was on Thanksgiving day, and I hope that trend will continue.  My next PT session is on 11/26 and I hope I will be moving past the fall.  I can't afford to renege for every set back.

The dinner, by the way, was great.  A few things I would have done differently, but not enough to point anything out.  We all forgot the stuffing (can't stuff a wrapped boneless turkey roll anyway) but no real loss (I don't much care for the stuff (Ho ho)).  The wildberry pie was especially scrumptious, even though we had to have it on the 23rd, being too stuffed on Thanksgiving ourselves.  C was rightly proud of the task, the tricky part is to get it all to the table at the same time.  I reflected on past holidays when we hosted as many as 15 relatives, all passed now.  I never thought of that at the time, that we were the youngest of them all, including my sister 4 years older than me and N's brother 4 years younger than him.  And of course, N is gone too, a huge shock.  So goes life.

I skipped Black Friday and thus saved 100%, since I didn't buy anything.  Well, if you count on-line purchases, I bought some socks for me, and some for C.  Not for Christmas, just to have them.  Mine are light compression, I hope they will help with the swelling in my ankles and feet without feeling like a tourniquet.  And C had walked through his.  I kinda like going to the mall at Christmas, but I can't manage the crowds now, with the walker.  And if I fell, it would be ambulance time, boo.
I wish we came with spare leg, jack me up and toss the old one and put on the new.  Maybe someday they will be able to grow a leg or anything else and replace the bad one.  Like a 3D printer.

Time to go back to bed, I think I have dislodged the nightmare by now.  Cheers!




No comments :