Saturday, December 01, 2018

There goes November

We got about 4 inches of snow on Tuesday night, which froze into an ice surface once the sun came up.  I canceled my therapy session, not so much from the snow on the road here, but because I didn't want to risk a fall on the slippery driveway.  The car can get most of the way into the garage, but then you can't open the doors.  Before I sold my Miata, it stayed in the garage every night, but it is tiny, even compared to a compact or sub-compact car, and all I needed to do was stop opposite the door into the house and swing the driver's door wide.  I had 3 Miatas over 16 years, and I truly miss one.  I couldn't even bear to meet the guy who bought it.  Anyway, all the snow is gone gone and we made it to the surgeon's appointment on time.  So we could wait.  And wait...

The surgeon checked out the flexibility of my replaced knee, and he told me two things that could be done to keep it from buckling frontwards and one was surgery ("A big surgery") the other was a brace.  The brace would go top of thigh to shin.  I took his 'script for the brace, but I am not going to get one.  I had all I could take of my knee immobilizer last year for 6 months in a wheelchair, and I know if I did get one it would sit in the corner.  I am staking my cure on physical therapy, I just need to do it daily and not occasionally.  As for surgery, I told him I will never have surgery again unless it is do-or-die.  My last surgery I nearly died when I stopped breathing in the recovery room.

I have one more shirt to get from eBay and then I am done with buying on eBay for a while.  I called PayPal because my balance was a large negative number.  I took that to mean I owed that amount, but the negative number means that is my overpaid balance.  I told them to leave it there for now.  And oddly I don't feel like I need to spend it all up.  All my Christmas shopping is done, such as it was, and what I would really like is new carpeting for the living room.  You can get a lot from Amazon and eBay, but not carpet installation.  And until I can tackle the stairs again, that won't be a very high priority.

Bye!


No comments :