Sunday, October 21, 2018

Nearly Election Day

I always try to vote at early bird polls, there can be quite a line on election day and I can't stand for long periods.  They open on Wednesday.  Not much excitement this time, I will, as usual, vote for the losers.  This is coal miner land, and they LOVVVVE Trump and anyone who speaks up for fossil fuels (even though most of the mines shut down years ago), they think good times are (almost) here again.  I can't bring myself to vote for either Senate candidates, the Republican and the nearly Republican (Manchin), so I will leave that selection vacant.  And a big NO on the disguised proposition to limit abortion by undermining the ability to pay for one by poor women exclusively.  Not that I will be on the winning side there as usual.  Too bad the prop isn't one mandating support of infants and children in poor families.  And who needs Medicaid, they can just get a job (ignoring the cruelty of making someone seriously ill, who can't walk or breathe or anything else, day in and day out, try to find work.)  And no, I don't get Medicaid.

Cruelty is what this country is specializing in, children locked up away from their parents, oh hell, let's bag this.

 The weather right now is perfect for fall, cool crisp days and cold cold at night, the better to get the reds and yellows in the trees.  Next week the forecast is for SNOW, but it won't stick as the ground is too warm for now.  And I hope it won't damage the trees with its weight, bending and breaking branches and even entire trees.

I had my initial knee replacement done in June (of 17), so as to being done with therapy before the roads get bad.  However, this final knee went in Feb of 18 and therapy has continued all this time, so I will be at the mercy of the slick driveway every time we venture out.  Drat.

Thanks for reading this far, I know this isn't very jolly of a post.





No comments :