Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Some Progress

I am actually doing a decent job in therapy now, considering that I couldn't bear any weight on my right knee for more than 4 months, and it has now been 7 months of scarcely any progress.  I have actually walked a few steps without using walker or cane, here in my bedroom.  I'm scheduled up through November with the rehab place, and hopefully I will be done before there is any snow in the offing.  I see the nephrologist in October, and I hope he/she will have something that can be done about the swelling in my legs and feet.  It would be nice to be able to wear some sort of shoe other than a slipper.

I am wearing a brand new navy shirt today, so of course the white cat wanted lap time, so now I am in desperate need of a lint brush.  One of the in-home therapists apparently disliked cats because when he came here he wouldn't put his brief case on the floor, he would hold it in his lap, and pick off the odd hair that wafted his way.  The cats aren't allowed in  my bedroom, but their hair gets tracked in anyway.  C vacuumed in there each time before the therapist came, oh well.  I can understand allergies, cat dander is probably the number one allergan, and there are circumstances like frequent travel away from home, but someone who never has had any pets seems strange to me.  Oh, I just remembered a cute story.  One of our Indian grad students said that we Americans really like our pets.  I said, why do you say that?  He said he noticed a sign on the ground floor at work that said PET scans.  This was before the days now when PET scans are done over a sore tooth, so I explained about Positron Emission Tomography, which is a mouthful, the patient could be dead by the time you got done ordering the scan.  Anyway, he was embarassed, and I was (covertly) amused.  He was the one that used the word "preponed" and when I asked what it meant, he said, the opposite of "postponed".  I assured him that wasn't a real word and he was amazed, he had used it for years.

Moving right along, it is now dinnertime so I will post this.  Thanks for reading!

No comments :