Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Sick

I guess that the weather is mild for now, but I wouldn't know first hand as I have been in bed for the last 4 days.  I went to the Med Express on Sunday and the nasal swab said "guilty!" I have the flu.  I haven't eaten much since Saturday, but I don't miss it.  I saw the dentist yesterday to be prepped for a crown ($$), but today I am worse so I canceled the eye doctor appointment.  I think med visits are my only activities that get me out of the house.  Bleh...

We did have one hellacious clap of thunder last night, I swear it was directly overhead.  I didn't see my chicken hearted cat until hours later, I think she was behind the furnace.  The other three don't like it either, but they hide under the couch, etc., and only briefly if the thunder passes by.   When I was a kid in Florida, where thunderstorms are everywhere, we had a cat who would run OUTside, get soaked, then flee back inside, and if the storm continued, do it all over again.  Maybe she thought the house was  the cause of all the commotion, I don't know.  Maybe she just dared to show the storm who was the boss.  I wanted to give her a shot of cat shampoo the first trip out, so she would at least get clean, but Mom said that was a bad idea.  Guess so.  I would never go back to FL, even in the winter when we are immobilized by ice here.  It is too damn hot there in the summer, and the bugs alone would keep me out.  When I went to see my friend in FL, who was slowly dying of lung cancer, the first visit I stayed in an old motel, and slept with the lights on so I knew were to stomp.  The other visits I slept at her mother's house, which had routine visits from the exterminators, and had a rental car so I could come and go as needed.  Now that she is gone, there is no reason to return to FL.  I would do it now, though, if my friend was still there.

I tried to do some cross stitch while I am in bed, but it makes me sea sick, and it is at a clumsy position anyway.  I still have more patterns to come, I probably already have the right colors of floss, but I will need more fabric for them.  But first I will finish the "Kitty Trio" (see down there ) pattern.    Feeling bad again, I'll quit while I am ahead.

No comments :