Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Older and Wiser



(I found this on the knitting forum)

Have you ever been guilty of looking at others your own age and thinking, surely I can't look that old?

Well...you'll love this one.

My name is Alice Smith and I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new dentist. I noticed his DDS diploma, which bore his full name.

Suddenly, I remembered a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 40-odd years ago.

Could he be the same guy that I had a secret crush on, way back then? Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought.

This balding, grey-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate. After he examined my teeth, i asked him if he had attended Morgan Park High School .

'Yes. Yes, I did. I’m a Mustang,' he gleamed with pride.

'When did you graduate?' i asked.

He answered, 'In 1975. Why do you ask?'

'You were in my class!', i exclaimed.

He looked at me closely.

Then that ugly, old, bald, wrinkled, fat, grey-haired, decrepit, S.O.B. asked me:

'What did you teach?'

No comments :